Lubby’s Continuing Pledge to Our Schools
- Include parents, teachers, students, and administrators in seeking better solutions.
- Reform and improve learning for all students.
- Champion proper compensation for teachers, by continuing to support efforts like Proposition #362, which increased teachers’ salaries and was passed by a resounding 70% of Miami-Dade voters.
- Increase investment for school safety.
- Ensure that student have access to mental health services.
- Demand high standards of fiscal responsibility.
- Maintain Miami-Dade School District’s A Rating.
- Expand choice opportunities for students through our nationally recognized magnet programs and provide access through the Continuous Enrollment Choice Option.
- Implement programs aimed at eliminating student use of E-Cigarettes and other tobacco products.
- Continue to increase our school district’s graduation rate, which has risen to 89%.
- Support educational efforts to review the District’s homework policy for K – 8 grades.
- Continue to Modernize our schools through the implementation of the General Obligation Bond, by ensuring that all construction projects are under budget and delivered on time.
- Expand and implement the District’s first Girl to Girl mentoring initiative.
- Inform and engage the public about school bus stop safety.
ABOUT LUBBY NAVARRO
HONORABLE LUBBY NAVARRO, SCHOOL BOARD MEMBER, DISTRICT 7, was appointed by Governor Rick Scott on February 13, 2015, to fill the vacant seat representing Miami-Dade County School Board, District 7 and subsequently re-elected on August 30, 2016 with 79% of the vote.
Born in Havana, Cuba, Lubby has been a resident of Miami for nearly 35 years. She has resided in District 7, Kendall area of Miami-Dade County for over 22 years. For over 25 years Lubby has been committed to serving our community through her commitment to public service.
Lubby serves as an active member of the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary, United States Homeland Security, Seventh Coast Guard District, Division 6, Flotilla 65 in South Dade, where she held the position of staff officer of Public Affairs.
On July 30, 2019, Lubby was presented with an Auxiliary Membership Service Award from the United States Coast Guard for her 5 years of valued service in the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary.
Lubby is a proud mother of a daughter who is also a product of Miami-Dade County Public Schools, and is currently pursuing her Bachelor’s Degree at Florida International University.
Lubby has broad community and civic engagement experience through her involvement in various organizations.
She was elected to serve as an officer of the National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO), Board in the position of Treasurer for the 2019-2020 term. She also serves as Co-Chair of NALEO’s National Latino Commission on Census 2020.
Serves on the Junior League of Greater Miami’s Community Advisory Board. On March 9, 2018, the Junior League of Greater Miami awarded Lubby with the prestigious 2018 Woman Who Makes a Difference Award.
Serves on the West Kendall Baptist Hospital’s Healthy West Kendall Advisory Board.
Make checks payable and mail to:
Lubby Navarro Campaign
P.O. Box 830218Miami, FL 33283
Maximum contribution allowed under Florida’s campaign finance law is $1,000 per individual person, corporate entity, and/or Political Committee.
Contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
Interested in volunteering for Lubby’s re-election campaign?
Enter your contact information below and someone from the campaign will contact you about volunteering opportunities.
On the Miami-Dade County Election Website you will find information on voter registration, locations to register, voting options, voting locations, key dates to remember for upcoming elections and much more.
The Elections Department is here to serve you! Please do not hesitate to email the Elections Department with your questions and suggestions, or call 3-1-1 for additional information.